Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario: 2019 Conference
Change can come fast and furious, and Ontario’s healthcare system is no exception. With legislation introduced in February, The People’s Health Care Act, 2019, ‘change’ could be considered an understatement. But the fundamentals remain- no matter the structure surrounding them, providing the best possible care for patients remains the priority. And primary health care teams need to position themselves to lead the way in providing patient-centric care.
‘Integration’ may be the word of the day, but primary care teams already embody it. Interprofessional comprehensive care creates a space, a patient medical home, and evidence shows this home is the best foundation for a high-performing health system. With this, we can truly say we’re providing patient-centred care.
The 2019 AFHTO conference focuses on 6 core themes:
- Access to care: improving access to team-based care
- Continuous care: ensuring seamless transitions for patients across the continuum of care
- Comprehensive team-based care
- Patient and family-centred care
- Community and social accountability
- Enabling high -performing primary health care